May Is A Month To Celebrate
May. 4, 2015
May is a busy and exciting month at Concorde campuses. Along with all of the studying, hands-on work and movement into the healthcare industry, students will be marking the following celebrations:
National Military Appreciation Month – all month
Cinco de Mayo – May 5
Nurses Week – May 6-12
Spirit Week (Memphis campus) – May 4-8
Teacher Appreciation Week (Dallas campus) – May 4-8
Mother’s Day – May 10
Memorial Day – May 25
There will be celebrations at all Concorde campuses, but here is a list of some of the many events scheduled for this month. For more information throughout the month, visit the Concorde Career Colleges page on Facebook.
May 5: Nursing, Practical Nursing and Patient Care Technician students and faculty.
Spirit Week is May 4-8
Monday: Sports day – support your favorite team!
Tuesday: Twin Day – find your doppelganger!
Wednesday: Celebrity Look-Alike Day – which star are you?
Thursday: Camouflage Day – support our troops for Military Appreciation Month!
Friday: School Spirit Day – wear your Concorde gear!
May 5: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta will include nachos, music, salsa dance steps lessons, and a photo booth.
May 4-8: Teacher Appreciation Week
– Monday: Free Jeans Day for faculty.
– Tuesday: Poster Appreciation — Students have the opportunity to appreciate their faculty by writing messages on program posters.
– Wednesday: Treats in the Faculty Work Area.
– Thursday: A raffle will be held for faculty to enter for a scrub jacket embroidered with their name and credentials.
– Friday: A special gift for faculty.
May 6-12: Nurses Week – nursing students will be given messenger bags on May 8.
May 5 and 7: Vocational Nursing Celebration – cupcakes and pizza will be given to students.
May 20: Celebration for National Military Appreciation Month.
– Presenting pins and certificates of appreciation to all veteran students.
– Hosting a military appreciation cook-off.
The Orlando campus will be celebrating National Military Appreciation Month all month, with events planned throughout the month. Visit the campus Facebook page for details as they become available.