Healthcare Administrators (HCAs), also referred to as healthcare executives or medical and health service managers, get to plan, direct and coordinate various medical and health services in a facility, clinical area, department, or medical practice. They understand principles and practices regarding administration, management, law, economics, and policy.
The online HCA program at Concorde Career College teaches students competency in research methods, critical thinking and problem-solving in healthcare settings, working with cross-functional teams, collaborative decision-making, and how to analyze professional, ethical and legal standards in healthcare administration. Students in this program will earn a BS degree in Healthcare Administration in as little as 24 months. It’s 100% online, so all of the courses are convenient and flexible for students.
Join our family & become a Healthcare Administrator today
Concorde’s Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration online program is designed for anyone holding a healthcare-related associate degree to be able to complete work for a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration. The program focuses on providing the information and skills you need to be successful in our online classes.
Healthcare Administration is a great next step for those looking to advance their careers in the health care industry. The program consists of 20 core courses, plus if you already have an associates degree in respiratory therapy we offer an additional respiratory therapy emphasis. The program prepares graduates to:
- Take an expanded professional leadership role
- Enhance their interdisciplinary understanding and collaboration with peers
- Take the next steps and continue the education path at the graduate level if desired
Students can gain foundational knowledge and skills as well as learn overall concepts, values, research method, and applications.
What skills will I learn?
- An understanding of principles and practice in health care regarding administration, management, law, economics, and policy
- Competency in research methods, critical thinking and problem-solving in health care settings
- Principles of management needed to build and work in cross-functional teams and facilitate collaborative decision-making
- Demonstrate an understanding of the forces impacting health delivery systems and the effective and efficient management of health care
- Ability to analyze the professional, ethical and legal standards of health care administrative practice
Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 32 percent from 2019-2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, the health care industry as a whole will see an increase in the demand for healthcare administrators. Find out more about what a career in health care administration looks like. *Source: BLS.gov 2019-2029
Where can I work?
- Hospitals and large health care cooperatives
- Insurance companies
- Long-term care facilities
Accreditation and Licensure
Accreditation and licensure are an important part of an academic institution’s operation. Visit our Accreditations and Licensure page for more details about our accreditations and licensure.