Join our family & become a Healthcare Administrator today
Concorde’s Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration online program is designed for anyone holding a healthcare-related associate degree to be able to complete work for a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration. The program focuses on providing the information and skills you need to be successful in our online classes.
Healthcare Administrators (HCAs), also referred to as healthcare executives or medical and health service managers, get to plan, direct and coordinate various medical and health services in a facility, clinical area, department, or medical practice. They understand principles and practices regarding administration, management, law, economics, and policy.
The online HCA program at Concorde Career College teaches students competency in research methods, critical thinking and problem-solving in healthcare settings, working with cross-functional teams, collaborative decision-making, and how to analyze professional, ethical and legal standards in healthcare administration.
**Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projected national growth in job openings for medical and health service managers 2021-2031 https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm Projections are national. Local job market demand may vary.
Externships are a non-paid in-person learning experience, who's length and location may be subject to change. Concorde does not guarantee externship placement, graduation, post-externship employment or salary outcomes.
Health Care Administration is a great next step for those looking to advance their careers in the health care industry. Concorde's Health Care Administration Bachelor's degree completion program is offered fully-online.
Online Health Care Administration Program Prepares Graduates to:
- Take an expanded professional leadership role
- Enhance their interdisciplinary understanding and collaboration with peers
- Take the next steps and continue the education path at the graduate level if desired
Students can gain foundational knowledge and skills, as well as learn overall concepts, values, research method, and applications.
Health Care Administration Bachelor's Degree Program Curriculum
- An understanding of principles and practice in health care regarding administration, management, law, economics, and policy
- Competency in research methods, critical thinking and problem-solving in health care settings
- Principles of management needed to build and work in cross-functional teams and facilitate collaborative decision-making
- Demonstrate an understanding of the forces impacting health delivery systems and the effective and efficient management of health care
- Ability to analyze the professional, ethical and legal standards of health care administrative practice
Health Care Administration Coursework Includes
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Health Care Ethics
- Health Care Organization & Accounting
- Health Care Marketing and Informatics
- Health Care Management and Economics
- Public Health and Cultural Diversity
Applicants wishing to enroll in the Respiratory Therapy emphasis program must possess an associate degree in Respiratory Therapy from a Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)-accredited program and a valid Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification. Enrolled students will receive block transfer credit of 60 semester credit hours and complete an additional 60 semester credit hours in the program.
Health Care Administration Career Outlook
Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, the health care industry as a whole will see an increase in the demand for healthcare administrators.
- Hospitals and Large Health Care Cooperatives
- Insurance Companies
- Long-term Care Facilities
- Private Clinics & Specialty Groups
Concorde does not guarantee employment or compensation.
Healthcare Administration Program FAQ
Frequently asked questions and answers.
Concorde believes that all higher education is respected. However, it is ultimately up to the employer for employment, or university for further educational advancements on what they deem as respected. Concorde cannot guarantee employment. Whether transfer credits will be accepted is dependent on the receiving institution.
Concorde's current tuition is $30,600, which includes eBooks and digital resources. We would encourage you to check our catalog for the most current tuition.
Concorde has two options, Full-Time (70 weeks) or Part-Time (100 weeks).