Dental Hygienists are integral members of the dental team who use their enhanced dental, clinical, and social skills to aid individuals in achieving optimum oral health. Through achieving a BS degree in Dental Hygiene online, students taking these courses will gain a better understanding of specialized populations, understand different theories for educating patients and students, and the role of public health and disease etiology.
Earning a bachelor’s degree through our online program will allow current Registered Dental Hygienists to stay abreast of their field and may provide for other opportunities such as management, research, teaching, and others.
Join our family & become a Dental Hygienist today
The Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Hygiene is a degree completion program delivered completely online. Therefore, all the required Dental Hygiene courses are conveniently accessible and offer flexibility for working students. Applicants wishing to enroll in the Dental Hygiene Bachelor of Science program must possess an Associate degree in Dental Hygiene from a Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accredited program and a valid Dental Hygiene License.
Note: This program is a post-licensure program, meaning it is available only to students who already hold a valid dental hygiene license.
The program's mission is to provide a supportive learning environment in which the student acquires advanced theoretical knowledge and professional attributes necessary to pursue different career avenues within the Dental Hygiene field or the educational side of Dental Hygiene.
This degree strives to instill the importance of continued personal growth, leadership skills, continued professional commitment, on-going community involvement, and continued research that can benefit the student in his or her professional career.
To be considered for program admissions, applicants must:
- Complete an interview with an admissions representative; and
- Submit a completed application for admission; and
- Complete an Online Readiness Assessment (Students will be required to complete an online assessment of their ability and readiness to successfully complete their education in an online environment. This assessment covers skills, competencies, and access to appropriate technology to succeed in a distance education environment); and
- Provide documentation of an associate degree in Dental Hygiene, conferred by a post-secondary institution accredited by an agency as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Commission on Dental Accreditation; and
- Provide verification of a valid Dental Hygiene License.
Dental hygiene jobs are projected to grow at a faster-than-average rate of 6 percent*. This field is forecast to continue its growth because of increased research linking oral health to general health. Find out more about what a career in dental hygiene looks like.
Where Can I work?
Dental hygienists are in demand in a variety of job settings, including:
- Product Sales and Promotions
Accreditation and Licensure
Accreditation and licensure are an important part of an academic institution’s operation. Visit our Accreditations and Licensure page for more details about our accreditations and licensure.