Are you a certified surgical technologist (CST) with a diploma? Get ready to advance your career with Concorde—on your time! Complete your Associate of Applied Science in Surgical Technology (AAS) with us in as few as eight months of convenient, totally online study.
In this fully online degree completion program, you’ll take the general education and health science-related courses you need to complete your associate degree, plus two professional development classes in surgical technology.
Convenient Online Learning, On Your Own Time Schedule
Conveniently learn on your own time. This Surgical Technology Associate degree program is offered fully online, so you can complete coursework based on your time and work around your busy work and life schedules. Our instructors are experienced and seasoned in the online learning environment.
- Online Program – Flexible, convenient study that fits your busy schedule, plus a course format that allows you to complete your degree in as few as eight months.
- Transfer Credit – To enroll, you must be a CST with an active certification and a diploma or certificate from an accredited surgical technology program. If you are eligible, we will block transfer your diploma credits to your associate degree.
- Instructors with Online Experience – Learn with instructors who bring practical health care experience to the classroom, plus plenty of experience teaching and mentoring students in online learning environments.
- Career Search Support – You’ll gain access to support and advice from our experienced health care career advisors starting on your first day as a Concorde student — and be able to reach out for more support whenever you need it.
Advance Your Education and Career Opportunities
If you’re excited about working with patients and doctors in a high-demand, fast-paced healthcare environment, you can learn more about how to get started earning your surgical technologist associate degree online. Request information or call us today!
Advance Your Knowledge and Skills to Advance Your Career!
Concorde’s online AAS completion program offers CSTs like you a qualification that can lead to career advancement. You’ll also gain important professional knowledge and skills that can help you make even more of a difference in the operating room.
Turn your diploma in Surgical Technology into an Associate degree in as few as 8-months.*
When You Complete Your AAS Online with Concorde, You'll be able to:
- Demonstrate a greater understanding of the surgical technologist’s role in the health care system.
- Identify current standards of practice and apply them to your role as a surgical technologist.
- Explain and apply ethical principles and legal or regulatory compliance obligations in your work.
- Identify your options for professional growth, continuing education and career advancement.
- Think critically about standards of care, healthcare environments and professional behavior.
Online Surgical Technology Coursework Includes:
- Surgical Technology Professional Concepts
- Surgical Technology Transitions
- English Composition
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Elements of Human Communication
- Math Elective
- Behavior Science Elective
- Foundations for Health Professions
*Program length may be subject to change dependent on transfer credits and course load. Please refer to current course catalog for more information. Concorde does not guarantee admittance, graduation, subsequent employment or salary amount.
†Professional certification is not a requirement for graduation, may not be a requirement for employment nor does it guarantee employment.
As demand for health care rises, so should the number of surgical procedures. That likely means more job openings for surgical technologists.
- 9% National Job Growth projected from 2020-2030**
**Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics 2020-2030 projected job demand https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/surgical-technologists.htm#tab-6 Projections are national. Local job market demand may vary..
The online surgical technology degree completion program is awarded through Concorde's Kansas City campus. Concorde Career College-Kansas City is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Distance education programs are approved by the Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). With this approval, Concorde Career College, Kansas City is authorized to offer distance education programs to students residing in all participating states. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. More information regarding NC-SARA may be found at www.nc-sara.org. Accreditation and licensure are an important part of an academic institution’s operation. Visit our Accreditations and Licensure page for more details about our accreditations and licensure.