HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION – RESPIRATORY THERAPY (BS)
Concorde’s Bachelor of Science degree in Health Care Administration – Respiratory Therapy is a degree completion program for practicing respiratory therapists who hold an associate’s degree. Health Care Administration can be the next step for those looking to advance their careers. The program consists of 14 core courses plus additional respiratory therapy transitional courses. The program prepares graduates to take an expanded professional leadership role, enhances interdisciplinary understanding and collaboration, and provides a base for continuing education at the graduate level. Students gain foundational knowledge and skills as well as learn overall concepts, values, research methods and applications.
Concorde Online uses Canvas™ technology – an online learning management system that makes it easy to stay on track in your education. Our seasoned instructors are true health care professionals experienced in the online learning environment.
How long is the program?
The Bachelor of Science degree in Health Care Administration is a 24-month program.
What skills will I learn?
- An understanding of principles and practice in health care regarding administration, management, law, economics and policy
- Competency in research methods, critical thinking and problem solving in health care settings
- Principles of management needed to build and work in cross-functional teams and facilitate collaborative decision-making
- Demonstrate an understanding of the forces impacting health delivery systems and the effective and efficient management of health care
- Ability to analyze the professional, ethical and legal standards of health care administrative practice
Where can I work?
- Hospitals and large health care cooperatives
- Insurance companies
- Long-term care facilities