Learn the Fundamentals of Patient Care
- Learn foundational skills to care for patients from birth to the elder years.
- Program includes NCLEX-PN review to help you prepare for the licensure exam.
- Daytime 13-month program or evening available at both our Dallas and Grand Prairie locations.
- Evening/weekend 21-month program available at our Grand Prairie location.
Train to become an important member of the health care team—and to qualify to pursue roles in a variety of health care settings. Licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) provide basic care to patients under the supervision of registered nurses (RNs) and physicians.
LVNs may do a little of everything: helping feed new babies, changing bandages in acute care, keeping chemotherapy patients comfortable during treatment, or helping older patients dress. They also update patient charts and communicate important information to the rest of the health care team.
Take the Next Step Now
Think you’d love to work as a vocational nurse? Contact Concorde in Dallas today to learn if our program can help you get there!
Vocational Nursing Curriculum
Concorde’s vocational nursing diploma teaches the knowledge and skills you need to prepare to serve patientswith a wide range of conditions and needs. You’ll learn practical skills for taking vital signs, inserting catheters and more in the classroom. Then, you’ll apply those skills during clinical experience in a variety of real-world settings.
- Foundations of Nursing
- Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Growth and Development
- Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing Care
- NCLEX Review
Accreditation and Licensure
The Vocational Nursing program has been granted full approval by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON). Texas Board of Nursing: 333 Guadalupe Street, Suite 3-460, Austin, TX 78701; 512-305-7400; www.bon.texas.gov