Prepare for a new career As a Nurse
Want to make a difference that lasts a lifetime? Train to become a nurse and touch lives on a daily basis. Our BSN program offers clinical training and knowledge needed to begin a career. Nurses provide important care to patients in hospitals, clinics and private practices.
- Train to join the largest occupation in the hospital setting with Concorde in Aurora.+
- Practice essential clinical care skills to treat patients across the lifespan.
- Complete your degree in as few as 29 months of study.
Concorde Career College in Aurora offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program (BSN) you can complete in as few as node:field_program_stats:length] months. This program combines classroom and lab instruction with clinical experience to prepare you for skilled patient care. After successfully completing this program, you will be prepared to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Registered Nurse® (NCLEX-RN®).
Take the Next Step Now
Dream of becoming a nurse? Get in touch with Concorde in Aurora today to take a tour or hold a virtual interview; and find out if our BSN program is right for you.
**Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projected national growth in job openings for registered nurses 2021-2031 https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm Projections are national. Local job market demand may vary.
Nursing Student on Day 1
If you've been looking for a BSN program, look no further. From the day, you're admitted into Concorde's nursing program you're a nursing student. We can prepare you comprehensively through a combination of classroom theory and hands-on, clinical training in a variety of health care settings.
Classroom-to-Career Skills Training
To prepare for a vital role in the health care field, Concorde provide knowledge-based training in the following areas:
- Care of patients with complex illnesses
- Critical thinking
- Maternal-child care
- Care of the pediatric patient
- Community health
Aurora BSN Program Goal
In congruence with Concorde's general mission statement, the goal of the BSN program is to prepare students for successful employment in the field of nursing through high caliber training with practical, real world experiences along with student centered support.
Aurora BSN Program Purpose
The purpose of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is to:
- Deliver a nursing program which equips the nurse to solve healthcare issues facing local and global populations.
- Provide an educational experience that supports evidence-based practice and innovative inquiry.
- Shape nursing graduates capable of performing in variable settings while utilizing critical thinking and incorporating healthcare technology in patient care.
- Prepare highly competent graduates for leadership positions within the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Prepare the graduate to successfully pass the NCLEX-RN® examination on the first attempt and become gainfully employed.
Students will complete on-campus labs including simulations and patient care settings.
Taking what you've learned in the classroom and practiced in a lab will culminate with real-world application through health care site rotation(s).
Graduate Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, it is intended that the students will:
- Utilize critical thinking to synthesize knowledge derived from natural and behavioral sciences, humanities, and the art and science of professional nursing.
- Apply the nursing process to develop safe, compassionate, and competent nursing care to patients and families from diverse backgrounds across the lifespan in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Utilize acquired knowledge, skills, and attitudes into nursing practice incorporating ethical and legal principles to promote collaborative practice within an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Integrate theories of nursing care and evidence-based practice when planning care and making clinical judgements appropriate for diverse populations and communities.
- Demonstrate accountability as an independent leader using concepts of leadership, inspiring life-long learning, and teamwork in healthcare.
Note: The Colorado State Board of Nursing may refuse to issue a license to any person who has been found guilty of violating federal or state laws.
Nurses are Key to a Health Care System
The nursing field is expected to continue to grow nationally, driven in part by projected growth in the population and aging baby boomer generation.
Growth is expected for a number of reasons, including and increased emphasis on preventive care; growing rates of chronic conditions, such as diabetes and obesity and demand for healthcare services from aging population. While people live longer, more people will retire, and this will include nursing professionals.
While the very population that needs nursing care grows, the gap in active nursing professionals will grow. A challenge that will drive additional demand for skilled nursing graduates.
Projected national job demand for Registered Nurses, 2021-2031**
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Registered Nursing continues to be a fast-growing profession with an anticipated projected national increase of more than 271-thousand job openings from 2021 to 2031, which is a projected national growth rate of 6%.
Career Paths for BSNs
BSNs may choose to go on to pursue advanced degrees in a variety of specializations like oncology, pediatrics, etc., as well as careers as a nurse practitioner or nurse educator.
Many BSNs, take on academic roles, training future nurses. Others assume health management positions in the insurance and pharmacy sectors. Some BSNs find employment in roles ranging from research to medical device and pharmaceutical sales.
Address and Hours
111 N. Havana Street
Aurora, Colorado 80010
FX: (303) 839-5478
Campus Hours of Operation
|Monday||7 am - 7 pm|
|Tuesday||7 am - 7 pm|
|Wednesday||7 am - 7 pm|
|Thursday||7 am - 7 pm|
|Friday||7 am - 6 pm|
As part of our commitment to your success, Concorde ensures that you have access to comprehensive information and guidance in navigating the financial aid process. Concorde participates in several of the U.S. Department of Education's programs, which are generally available to those who qualify.
Colorado State Board of Nursing:
The Colorado State Board of Nursing has granted Interim Approval to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Colorado State Board of Nursing: 1560 Broadway, Suite 1350, Denver, CO 80202; 303-894-7800; https://www.colorado.gov/dora/dpo