Learn to Create Ultrasound Images that Can Save Lives
- Develop skills for producing ultrasound images to help doctors diagnose conditions, guide surgical teams, and more.
- Gain hands-on experience in our labs and on clinical rotations.
- Complete your degree in as few as 21 months of study.
Ultrasound imagery (also known as “sonography”) first became part of medical treatment in the 1940s. Today, sonographers play an important role in assessing the health of pregnancies, detecting tumors, and create images of other soft tissues, including the major organs and arteries. Concorde Career Institute in Tampa offers an Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that can prepare you for exciting career opportunities in this important field. In as few as 21 months, you can gain the foundation of medical knowledge and practical sonography skills you need to get on the path to a career that makes a difference.
Take the Next Step Now
Excited about a career as a diagnostic medical sonographer? Get in touch with Concorde in Tampa today to find out if our AS degree program is right for you.
This program covers human anatomy and physiology, techniques for performing ultrasound imaging of various body structures, and general education topics.
- Abdominal Sonography
- Anatomy and Physiology
- General Vascular Sonography
- OB/GYN Sonography
- Physics and Instrumentation
- Registry Review
- Sonographic Cross-Sectional Anatomy
Job opportunities for medical sonographers is forecast to grow as demand for medical care rises.
- 12% National Job Growth projected from 2019-2029
- 27% Job Growth in Florida projected from 2018-2028
Accreditation and Licensure
Accreditation and licensure are an important part of an academic institution’s operation. Visit our Accreditations and Licensure page for more details about our accreditations and licensure.