Prepare for a new career sooner than you think
Dental Assistants are often the first person a patient interacts with when they visit the dentist's office. They play key roles in delivering quality care. Dental assistants support both the Dentist and Dental Hygienist in running their practice, as well as aid in caring for patients. A special and diverse health care career choice.
Train to Assist Chairside During Dental Procedures
- Learn the foundations of dental care in this diploma program
- Curriculum includes an externship so you gain real-world experience
- Complete your diploma in as few as 8-months of study
With Concorde, you can learn the skills needed to be the person dental practices rely on to keep things running smoothly. The hands-on training from taking x-rays to dental impressions, will help prepare you for a career in the dental field.
Concorde's Aurora campus is seeking dedicated students who want to:
- Learn to help dentists and dental hygienists deliver quality care and maintain office operations
- Prepare for career opportunities in private practices, clinics, cosmetic dentistry, and more
- Complete the diploma in as few as 8-months
Get started by scheduling an in-person or virtual Career Planning Session to explore if the dental assistant program is right for you!
**Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projected national growth in job openings for dental assistants 2022-2032 https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/dental-assistants Projections are national. Local job market demand may vary.
Externships are a non-paid in-person learning experience, who's length and location may be subject to change. Concorde does not guarantee externship placement, graduation, post-externship employment or salary outcomes.
Dental Assistant Curriculum
Concorde Aurora’s dental assistant diploma teaches foundational concepts of dentistry, including anatomy, physiology and the different dental specialties. You’ll learn to take impressions, assist during procedures, and how to keep the front office operating efficiently.
- Introduction to Dental Assisting & Dental Terminology
- Dental Specialties
- Materials & Procedures
- Patient Care & Management
- Diagnostics & Orthodontics
- Dental Radiology
- Infection Control
- Coronal Polishing
- Pit & Fissure Sealant
Students will complete on-campus labs including simulations and patient care settings.
Dental Assistant Program Curriculum
The dental assistant diploma program courses cover topics including:
- Taking patient histories and vital signs (blood pressure, etc.)
- Sterilizing dental instruments and equipment
- Passing instruments to the dentist during procedures
- Using suction to remove fluids from patients mouths during procedures
- Educating patients about proper oral hygiene
- Maintaining patient records and appointment schedules
- Generating patient bills and processing payments
A Career with Smiles
Dental assistants do a little of everything in the dental office. From updating patient records to sterilizing instruments and assisting during procedures, their role is versatile, fast-paced, and can make a real difference in the lives of patients.
- Work Alongside Dentists & Hygienists
- Assist Chairside During Patient Exams & Procedures
- Prepare & Take Patient X-Rays
- Manage and Schedule Patient Appointments
- Collect and Record Patient Records
- Prepare & Sanitize Instruments & Care Spaces
Address and Hours
111 N. Havana Street
Aurora, Colorado 80010
FX: (303) 839-5478
Campus Hours of Operation
|7 am - 7 pm
|7 am - 7 pm
|7 am - 7 pm
|7 am - 7 pm
|7 am - 6 pm
The Pacific Dental Services Foundation is proud to offer the "Dr. Carolyn Ghazal Dental Assistant Scholarship," named after Dr. Carolyn Ghazal’s dedication to improving the lives of those in need, and created to provide tuition assistance to individuals with a desire to serve and provide excellent patient care.
The scholarship is awarded based on applicant excellence, as well as financial need.
To apply for consideration please ask your admissions representative for more information.
Award Amount: $5,000
- May 1st
- August 1st
- November 1st
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Currently Enrolled in a Concorde Assistant Diploma Program.
- Answer two short-essay questions (500 words or less).
- For additional consideration, create a short video answering the essay questions, upload to Instagram™ with #pdsfscholarship and tag @pdsfoundation. State full name and school in video.
- Complete Scholarship Application.