Prepare for a new career sooner than you think
Medical Office Administrators play key roles behind the scenes, helping manage the administrative services from day-to-day operations to greeting patients to billing and records management, and engaging with insurance providers.
Put Yourself at the Center of a Busy Medical Office
- Gain practical skills and clinical knowledge in a program that combines online coursework including labs with an in-person externship.
- Learn medical billing and coding skills and prepare to sit for the Certified Professional Coder examination after you graduate.
- Complete your diploma in as few as 8-months of study.
Like to be at the center of the action? Train to become a medical office administrator with Concorde's Online Learning offered by Concorde's Kansas City campus. Our medical office administration diploma combines practical administrative support skills with foundational clinical knowledge, so you can prepare to manage records, appointments, paperwork for medical tests, medical billing and more. As part of this program, you’ll develop medical billing and coding skills that can prepare you for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam.
Concorde is seeking dedicated students who want to:
- Learn to help doctor offices and healthcare providers maintain their operations.
- Prepare for career opportunities in private practices, clinics, acute care, and more.
- Complete the diploma in as few as 8-months of study.
Get started by scheduling an in-person or virtual Career Planning Session to explore if the medical assistant program is right for you!
Externships are a non-paid in-person learning experience, who's length and location may be subject to change. Concorde does not guarantee externship placement, graduation, post-externship employment or salary outcomes.
Medical Office Administration Curriculum
This diploma program combines foundational knowledge of medical terminology and insurance practices with administrative support skills. As a graduate, you’ll be able to demonstrate professionalism and practical capabilities for a variety of support roles in health care-related offices.
- Medical Office Procedures
- Computer Applications
- Medical Terminology and Communications
- Medical Insurance Claims Processing
- Medical Insurance Coding
- Medical Office Applications
Students complete weekly assignments remotely.
Apply the knowledge through virtual lab work.
MOA Program Delivery
The Medical Office Administration (MOA) program lectures and lab courses are delivered fully online in 4-week terms. Coursework and assignments are delivered virtually in weekly modules. Students learn and complete assignments at their own pace each week.
While you'll learn online, you're not alone. You will have support from a dedicated Online Success Coach, Program Director, Instructors and other services through Concorde's online team and even access to local campus resources.
In-Person Hands-On Experiences
Externships are an integral part of the Concorde learning experience. The local experience enables students to strengthen their confidence by applying the knowledge and skills gained through virtual learning in a real-work environment.
What Medical Office Administrators Often Do:
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Billing and fee collection
- Payroll and taxes
- Records management
- Insurance claims processing
- Physicians' Offices
- Dental Offices
- Long-term & Acute Care Facilities
- Clinics & Specialty Treatment Centers
- Medical Insurance Companies
Concorde does not guarantee admittance, graduation, subsequent employment or salary amount.