Health Care Administration – Respiratory Therapy (BS) – Kansas City, MO (Online)
Kansas City, MO (Online)
HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION – RESPIRATORY THERAPY (BS)
Concorde’s Bachelor of Science degree in Health Care Administration – Respiratory Therapy is designed for respiratory therapists who hold an associate’s degree to be able to complete work for a bachelor of science in health care administration conveniently and in a short period of time. The program is a great option for those RTs with associate’s degrees looking to take the next step in advancing their careers. The program offers further education in respiratory therapy, plus 14 core courses focused on providing the information and skills you need to have a successful career in health care administration. Once you’ve completed this HCA-RT bachelor’s program, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to take an expanded professional leadership role in your health care organization. You’ll gain enhanced interdisciplinary understanding and collaboration, as well as a base for continuing education at the graduate level. You’ll learn overall concepts, values, research methods and applications, as well as gaining foundational knowledge.
This completely online program uses Canvas™ learning management system that makes it easy to stay on track in your education. Our instructors are experienced in the online learning environment and capable of helping you navigate through the program.
How long is the program?
The Bachelor of Science degree in Health Care Administration is a 24-month program.
What skills will I learn?
- An understanding of principles and practice in health care regarding administration, management, law, economics and policy
- Competency in research methods, critical thinking and problem solving in health care settings
- Principles of management needed to build and work in cross-functional teams and facilitate collaborative decision-making
- Demonstrate an understanding of the forces impacting health delivery systems and the effective and efficient management of health care
- Ability to analyze the professional, ethical and legal standards of health care administrative practice
Where can I work?
- Hospitals and large health care cooperatives
- Insurance companies
- Long-term care facilities