New Year Resolutions from Concorde
Jan 31, 2019
We're at the end of the year, and you know what that means at Concorde Blog Central. We're going to let faculty members and staff from our health care career college do the work for us.
That's right, it's time for New Year's Resolutions. We asked 20 or so of our health care career college academicians and administrators to chime in on some of the goals they want to accomplish in 2018. They could be personal, professional or both. Regardless, they're varied and interesting.
Without further ado...
New Year's resolutions from your health care career college
Cindy Navarro, RDA, Dental Assisting Program Director, Concorde - Garden Grove
- My New Year's resolution is to lose about 20-30 pounds. I want to be the best leader I can possibly be by leading by example. And, I want to be like a duck and let things roll off my back. Last but not least, I want to spend more quality time with my kids and grandbabies.
Liane Pardo-Mansfield, Director of Student Affairs, Concorde - Orlando
- One area I definitely will continue to work on for 2018 is the virtue of patience. Both personally and professionally, it is an attribute that at times escapes me.
Loni Simon, Director of Student Affairs, Concorde - North Hollywood
- There are a few:
Jennifer Germany, Surgical Technology Program Director, Concorde - San Diego
- Bonding with family (my three sons) to add a treasure trove of memories for me to cherish my life.
- I should be more organized to make my life easy, manage time and live stress-free.
- I will do my bit to stand by people who need support. A smile to my face on someone. Little things matter.
- My goals for 2018 are to complete my master's degree, meet and maintain 100 percent certification rate for all my graduates, make my Surgical Technology
program one of the top five within the company and, finally, go on a cruise for the first time in my life.
Lori Liebman, MBA, Director of Student Affairs, Concorde - Garden Grove
- I do not believe in resolutions for the New Year. I believe that every day is an opportunity to create a new and improved version of yourself. We should not wait for a certain day to roll around to make positive changes.
More New Year's resolutions from your health care career college
Carmen Bowen, Campus President, Concorde - North Hollywood
- The main thing I will do is to get moving more with exercise every week. I need to feel better for me and my campus since I am the driving force. My resolution is to be a more fit leader!
Scott Prophet, Pharmacy Technician Program Director, Concorde - Tampa
- I think 2017 was a very busy, divisive and unfortunately violent year for our country. My hope is that as a society we can all learn to agree to disagree. We can realize this doesn't mean we have to dislike each other or even be offended.
Alphia Parker, Dental Assistant Program Director, Concorde - Miramar
- To continue showing my dental
team how much I appreciate them and their commitment to our students. On a personal note, I will keep on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, eating right and doing more physical activities. And, travel more.
Stacie Williams, Director of Student Affairs, Concorde - San Antonio
- To start practicing yoga to benefit my mind, body, and spirit.
Shawn Molnar, Medical Assistant Program Director, Concorde - Portland
- I wish to continue to improve and grow in my position at Concorde and continue to improve the curriculum of the Medical Assistant
program to provide excellent and thorough training for the next generation of medical assistants.
Carol Carotenuti, RN, MSN/Ed, VN Program Director, Concorde - San Diego
- Get healthier and stay happy, have more patience, spend more time with my children and my elderly family members, strive for more communication among the whole college, not just our department and try to be more aware of things happening around us and stay focused with the day-to-day needs of the students, staff and community.
Still more New Year's resolutions from your health care career college
Kimberly Novak, PT, DPT, MBA, PTA Program Director, Concorde - Kansas City
- I want to finish my EdD and dissertation in 2018. I'd like to become more active in my profession with the APTA
and give back even more to the profession that I love so much. I also want to start kickboxing.
LaWandra Ellzey, MA/MOP Program Director, Concorde - Southaven
- To slow down, smell the roses and spend more time with my family. And, if God's willing, get my master's in business and health administration and take a trip out of the country.
Erin Henry, Market President, Concorde - Dallas/Grand Prairie
- This year's goal is to go ziplining or take a hot-air balloon ride. One of my campus-related goals is to have a monthly President newsletter that highlights faculty and staff achievements, shares upcoming events and picks a policy or some training item.
Diane Osso, Dental Hygiene Program Director, Concorde - Aurora
- To focus on the important things that are within my control. Work hard, exercise and delegate what you can for a healthier 2018 will be my motto.
Jamie Jadlow, Campus President, Concorde - Kansas City
- I'd like to get back to a healthier, more active lifestyle. I'd like to help the KC campus achieve a population of 425 and SSS rating of 90 percent, to ensure we grow responsibly, keeping our students at the center of all we do.