Showing that Concorde Cares through community service
Jul. 11, 2018
Concorde students are educated and trained to make meaningful, lasting impressions and contributions not only to their employers and patients but to their communities. We encourage our associates to make meaningful contributions to their respective communities, whether through volunteer service or public events.
Here are some community events each of our 16 campuses have participated in so far this year.
How are Campuses Participating
- Kansas city- the Dental Hygiene program collaboration with TeamSmile and Sporting Kansas City to help provide free dental care to local school children.
- Southaven- Our Dental Assistant and Medical Assistant students had a great time volunteering at (and joining in on) the annual Field Day festivities at DeSoto County Schools eNews Southaven Intermediate School.
- Memphis- Students and faculty volunteered their time and skill at the Trezevant Career and Technology Center Community Health Awareness Expo.
- Portland- Students and staff participated in the NAMI Walk on the Portland waterfront. We're pleased to be a part of the movement to help #CureStigma and raise mental health awareness!
- San Diego- Physical Therapist Assistant students and friends/family volunteered their time and energy at the annual mAss Kickers Foundation Kickball Charity Tournament!
- North Hollywood- Students volunteered their time to help out at the Wayfinder Family Services Paralympic Games!
- Garden Grove- The Respiratory Therapy team pulled out the stops for the annual LUNG FORCE #TurquoiseTakeover! We're honored to annually participate in this annual campaign to raise lung cancer awareness and to celebrate the stories of lung cancer survivors and their families.
- San Bernardino- Medical Assistant and Dental Hygiene students for volunteering their time and skills to help with this year's FREE on-campus Health Fair. Over 60 patients received dental and medical care in collaboration with community partners Lestonnac Free Clinic and Western University of Health Sciences.
- Jacksonville- Students participated in a blood drive with LifeSouth Community Blood Centers!
- Tampa- Respiratory Therapy students took the community service initiative and collected donations for The Spring of Tampa Bay! Students donated hygiene supplies and diapers for this organization working to protect and serve victims of domestic violence in the Tampa Bay area since 1977.
- Orlando- Our Medical Assistant students enjoyed the opportunity to help out with physicals at Windermere High School, Orange County Public Schools. Our students checked vitals and did weigh-ins alongside Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic.
- Miramar- Our students' volunteerism literally was in action as our Physical Therapist Assistant program got hands-on at HOPE Outreach Center, Inc. "The work they did will enable us to increase our services to the community," said Program Manager Stefano Batista.
- Dallas- Students pitched in at Mission Arlington/ Mission Metroplex helping to sort food among other things.
- Grand Prairie- Campus representatives had the opportunity to be at the Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce fundraiser at Tangle Ridge Golf Course!
- San Antonio- Our Physical Therapist Assistant students got to participate in the San Antonio Food Bank Haven for Hope Benefit!
- Aurora- We love it every time we see our students volunteering at community service events in our area-like these Dental Hygiene students investing at the Childrens Hospital Colorado craft fair.
These are just a small sample of how Concorde volunteers its time and energy into the community. If you live in an area that has one of our campuses and have a volunteer opportunity we would love to know about it.
If you are interested in learning more about how Concorde can help you achieve a career in health care, contact our admissions team today!