Radiologic Technology (Associate of Applied Science)Achieve an Associate Degree in as few as 20 months*
Radiologic Technology (Associate of Applied Science) Mission Statement
The program provides and maintains a supportive learning environment and curriculum that prepares students for entry-level, diagnostic radiographer positions. The program prepares students to successfully complete the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Examination and, upon successful completion of this examination, become Registered Technologists in Radiography, RT(R).
Learning Objectives / Instructional Outcomes
Goal 1: Students will competently perform entry-level radiologic procedures.
- Students will produce quality diagnostic images.
- Students will exercise proper radiation protection.
- Students will practice proper patient care.
Goal 2: Students will develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Students will be able to modify standard procedures to accommodate patient conditions.
- Students will be able to adjust radiographic factors to produce optimal quality images.
Goal 3: Students will apply effective communication skills.
- Students will communicate effectively with patients.
- Students will exercise effective written communication skills.
Goal 4: Students will exhibit professional values.
- Students will display professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of ethical behavior.