We Are Not Currently Enrolling For This Program
Prepare for a new career sooner than you think
Medication can change lives. By training for a career as a pharmacy technician, you can learn to help people gain access to the treatment prescribed that they need to feel better. Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists with the day-to-day work flow of the pharmacy in order to help customers feel better.
Concorde Career College Dallas campus offers a seven-month diploma program that can prepare you for retail or institutional jobs with advanced skills to help you stand out in the job market.
Pharmacy technicians assist a pharmacist in their duties, including: handling customer transactions and compound medications under the direction of a pharmacist. They also handle insurance claim processing, inventory and more.
The primary duties of a pharmacy technician include:
- Collecting customer information to fulfill prescriptions
- Contacting physicians to request a pharmacy refill
- Measuring, packaging & labeling prescriptions
- Tracking pharmacy inventory & re-ordering supplies
- Answering customer phone calls
- Arranging customer consultations with the pharmacist
- Scheduling vaccination appointments
The Pharmacy Technician Diploma program at the Dallas campus combines online coursework with in-person labs and a hands-on externship. The curriculum is designed to teach students the fundamentals of supporting pharmacists, compounding medications, filling prescriptions, and helping patients.
As part of the program students learn pharmaceutical calculations for different patient populations, such as pediatric patients, cancer patients, and patients requiring medications for their daily well-being.
Concorde's Dallas campus is seeking dedicated students who want to:
- Learn to help pharmacists fill prescriptions by compounding pills, ointments, IV solutions and more.
- Prepare for career opportunities in retail, mail-order, hospital and long-term care settings, pharmacy benefits management and more
- Complete the diploma in as few as seven-months of study.
Get started by scheduling an in-person or virtual Career Planning Session with Concorde Dallas today to find out if the pharmacy technician diploma program is right for you!
**Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projected national growth in job openings for medical assistants 2020-2030 https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/pharmacy-technicians.htm Projections are national. Local job market demand may vary.
†Professional certification is not a requirement for graduation, may not be a requirement for employment nor does it guarantee employment.
National Employment Demand (2020-2030)
Pharmacy Technician Diploma in as few as 7-months!
This pharmacy technician diploma program through the Dallas campus, combines foundational knowledge of medical terminology, pharmacology, pharmacy law, pharmaceutical calculations, administration procedures, and more. It includes hands-on training in sterile and non-sterile compounding in our labs, plus an externship to help you gain real-world experience.
- Medication preparation, distribution & storage
- Understanding prescription & medication orders
- Drug-use review & pharmacy management
- Pharmacy equipment & facilities maintenance
- Collecting patient information
Getting started can be easier than you imagined. It begins with scheduling a Career Planning Session with the campus admissions team.
As you discover that the 7-month* pharmacy tech diploma program is right for you, your dedicated admissions representative will help you with the enrollment process. You'll need to:
- Submit Approved Application
- Provide a High School Diploma or GED
- Complete the Wonderlic / ORA Assessment
- Meet with Financial Aid to define your Personal Funding Plan
Concorde recognizes that your challenges and worries are unique, so the solutions we offer need to be too. Let's start with a Conversation.
Job growth for pharmacy technicians nationwide is expected to be about the same as the national average for all occupations.
- 4% National Job Growth projected from 2020-2030
Where do Pharmacy Technicians Work
Pharmacy technicians may find different career paths and employment opportunities in roles with:
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies & Prescription Fulfillment Centers
- Inpatient & Outpatient Clinics
- Pharmaceutical Research & Sales