No Sub Heading Here
The BCBST Diversity Scholarship is now the BlueCross Power of We Scholarship!! Now in its seventh year, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Foundation developed a scholarship program to help address the need for a qualified and more inclusive health care workforce in Tennessee. The scholarships are presented in partnership with us, the Memphis Chapter of the National Association of Health Services Executives.
Three $10,000 scholarships will be awarded to three minority, undergraduate college students pursuing health care careers within the state of Tennessee.
"These scholarships help outstanding minority students to achieve continued academic success," said Ron Harris, Vice President of Workforce Diversity for BlueCross BlueShield of TN. "And in addition to that, this program serves to increase diversity in the health care field."
All applicants must currently be undergraduate students
. Awardees will be selected by the NAHSE Memphis Chapter, who meet the following criteria:
- A promising minority student with the intent to obtain a degree to pursue a career in the field of healthcare
- Student must be a college Sophomore or Junior by the application deadline (February 21, 2020).
- 2.5 minimum academic GPA (4.0 scale)
- Applicant must be 18 to 23 years old (by application deadline)
- Citizen of the United States
- Legal resident of Tennessee AND attends an accredited college/university within the state of TN
- Applicant must be enrolled during the current academic school year, and planning to enroll the 2020-2021 academic year as a full-time student
Apply online here: 2020 Scholarship Application
*** APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 21, 2020 ***
- Official Academic Transcript
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation: One Academic AND one Community Service
- Biographical Sketch
- 500-Word Essay
- Photo (which once submitted, will be the property of the NAHSE Memphis Chapter)
- A mandatory interview is part of the application process. (Finalists will be required to do face-to-face interviews)
For more information about this scholarship, please visit BlueCross's website: http://bettertennessee.com/healthcare-students-apply-for-a-bluecross-diversity-scholarship/
**this content is pulled from the NAHSE Memphis Chapter 2020bcbst scholarship